Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Asag, Son of Anu. Utukku Demon

Hey Gang,

Sorry I missed posting in February but on the bright side, I've been swamped with work and as a freelancer, that is not necessarily a bad thing;) So for today I am posting a personal piece that I finished up and submitted to the art book for the upcoming Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo.

This piece is a depiction of a Sumerian Demon called an Utukku.  I recently had an opportunity to illustrate one for an unreleased project and this image is based on one of my unused concepts. The final design that I ended up doing for my client ended up quite different than this version. I had an unused concept sitting around that I really liked so I asked for and received permission from my client to polish up that concept and that is what you are seeing here today.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment